Join us on Facebook

Lakeside Historical Society

Join us on YouTube

Barker & Sons Market


In 1929 Otis Barker began wholesaling fruits and vegetables from a store at San Vicente Road and Highway 67 and operating produce trucks. From that he worked into the grocery business. When Otto Marcks died in 1953, Otis moved into his store on Maine Avenue. Three years later another move was made south on Maine Avenue to the Allied Food Store. Fred Prindle took over the Meat Department. The name was changed to Barker and Sons and Prindle and Son.


- Back to Businesses -

Last updated

  Lakeside Historical SocietyŽ 2000-2017
All rights reserved.

| About | Americana | Archives | Businesses | Cork Elms | Floods | Flume | Homes | Inn | Lakeside | Lindo Lake | Links | Museum
Newsletter | Church | Lakesiders | Racetrack | Railroad | Schools | Store | Weddings & Building Rental

Not viewing our site in frames?

Having problems with our site?
Richard S. White