Augustus and Vera Huffman bought
the Department Store (next to Lamadrid's Lakeside Inn, which is now
Leo's Pharmacy) in 1936 from Francis DeWeese. In 1946 a new larger store
was built south of the first store on Maine Avenue. Sons Orville and
Harvey both worked with their father.
In 1950 the store was sold to Mr.
Jess Shaw who renamed it "The Lakeside Department Store."