The Lakeside Hardware and Lumber Company came into
existence in 1910 at the northeast corner of
when Mr. W. D.
started it. In 1914 he sold to H.
and moved to El Cajon
and established the W. D. Hall Lumber Co. The Lakeside Store continued
its steady growth. In 1920, H. Bishop came to Lakeside
and set up another Lumber Company on Maine Avenue, but it only survived
Following the 20 years of ownership under Mr.
Kibbey, the Company again changed hands and Mr.
took possession in May, 1934.
in 1935 and purchased the Lakeside Hardware and Lumber Yard. He boarded
with the Harvey
Goodman's for about six months before his wife,
Louise, and daughter, Lorraine, joined him. They had remained behind to sell the house.
died in 1937 in
Lakeside. Mr. Lake
Velma, and they purchased the house on Vine and Laurel
and resided there for a number of years. Mrs. Condon,
and Mrs. Helen Kanady were employees in the 1940's.
was an earlier employee.