house on Maine Avenue next to our Olde Community Church was built in
1900 by Johnson Neal, a builder. He and Don Forney ran the general store
on the corner of Maine and Sycamore.
name Thatch has been mentioned as an occupant, whether an owner or
renter in uncertain. C. W. Ross purchased
this house, and in 1924 it was rented to the L. L. Blucher family. Mr.
Blucher was also an employee of the Lakeside Store. When Bill and Josie
Miller gave up their dairy, the moved into the Neal house which the
Bluchers had vacated.
the death of Josie, the estate was sold to Bill Berdux, a realtor. The
house was later purchased from a Mr. Boerhmann by Judith and Colonel O.
Surratt in 1984. The house underwent an extensive remodeling by