In 1903, Klauber-Wangenheim bought the Lakeside Store
and C. W. Ross was sent to Lakeside to manage it in 1904. Mr. Ross
brought with him his wife, Mary Annie, his daughter Josie, and Mrs.
Ross' mother, Josephine Mansfield. They occupied the upper story
of the Lakeside Store (over the Meat Market) while they built their
house next door, and moved there in 1905. There were only 16
dwellings in town at that time, including the Church,
Inn and Lindo
house was later rented to a long-time friend of the Ross family from
Massachusetts, Mr. Drinkwater.
house was remodeled in the 1980s by David Paul.